Vicky van der Merwe is one of South Africa’s top triathletes, and a TomTom ambassador.
Here she shares her top 5 tips to stay fit and healthy this women’s month:
- Write down goals for each week and every day. When you see something on paper it is much easier to stay focused. Your goals must be realistic, but challenging. It is also important to keep track of your progress.
- Get a friend to commit to doing certain training sessions with you, that way both of you are accountable. A support structure is vital, especially during the colder months.
- Remember to drink lots of good, clean water – we tend to forget this during the colder months. This keeps your skin hydrated and your body in good working order.
- Cut out all added sugar! Remember to read labels and understand them as this will make you more aware of what you’re putting into your body.
- Enter an event, no matter how big or small. This will keep your training on track and keep you motivated!
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Co-Publisher at Maverick Media and until recently, Fitness Magazine editor. Tanja now manages multiple digital platforms, consults and create exciting campaigns and opportunities in the fitness industry. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.