Almond Cookie Dough Bars
Submit your reader’s recipe and you could win a year’s supply of USN Whey Protein.
Email email@example.com or tag us @FitnessmagSA and @USNSA on Instagram with the recipe and food photo! Simple as that! #FitnessReaderRecipe
“Low carb and loaded with protein, these bars are great for a hunger-busting snack, and they are really yummy too!”
Winner: Megan Bason
[tab_title]What she used:[/tab_title]
[tab_title]How she made it:[/tab_title]
- ½ cup USN vanilla whey protein
- 5-6 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 65g crushed almonds
- Xylitol to taste
- Dark chocolate (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon until it’s in a dough consistency.
- Press dough out evenly on a lined plate, or a silicone or ordinary baking tray (make sure you line it otherwise the bars will stick).
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- Slice into bars.
Prep and freeze
After you’ve sliced them into bars, wrap them individually in foil and freeze them. It’s an easy way to ensure you have a healthy snack on hand when hunger strikes!
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Co-Publisher at Maverick Media and until recently, Fitness Magazine editor. Tanja now manages multiple digital platforms, consults and create exciting campaigns and opportunities in the fitness industry. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.