Almond Cookie Dough Bars
Submit your reader’s recipe and you could win a year’s supply of USN Whey Protein.
Email email@example.com or tag us @FitnessmagSA and @USNSA on Instagram with the recipe and food photo! Simple as that! #FitnessReaderRecipe
“Low carb and loaded with protein, these bars are great for a hunger-busting snack, and they are really yummy too!”
Winner: Megan Bason
[tab_title]What she used:[/tab_title]
[tab_title]How she made it:[/tab_title]
- ½ cup USN vanilla whey protein
- 5-6 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 65g crushed almonds
- Xylitol to taste
- Dark chocolate (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon until it’s in a dough consistency.
- Press dough out evenly on a lined plate, or a silicone or ordinary baking tray (make sure you line it otherwise the bars will stick).
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- Slice into bars.
Prep and freeze
After you’ve sliced them into bars, wrap them individually in foil and freeze them. It’s an easy way to ensure you have a healthy snack on hand when hunger strikes!
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.