Chocolate Whey Protein Bars
Submit your reader’s recipe and you could win a year’s supply of USN Whey Protein.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us @FitnessmagSA and @USNSA on Instagram with the recipe and food photo! Simple as that! #FitnessReaderRecipe
“The combination of protein and carbs makes this the ideal post-workout snack for the gym girl on the go!”
Winner: Nicolette Brits, and this is how she did it!
- 250g coconut oil
- 50g honey or D-Light suitable for slimmers
- 180g desiccated coconut
- 400g rolled oats
- 120g USN Chocolate 100% Premium Whey Protein (any other delicious flavour of USN Whey Protein will work)
- Xylitol or Stevia liquid (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g dried fruit mix and/or cashew nuts (optional)
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 60ml milk or soya milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Spray a rectangular 23x33cm pan with original Spray-n-Cook.
3. Place coconut oil and honey in a pot and melt together on low heat for about
4. Add coconut, oats, USN Chocolate Whey Protein, Xylitol, cinnamon, salt and dried fruit.
5. Add the bicarb/milk
6. Mix all ingredients thoroughly on low heat
for 1 minute.
7. Press into baking pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Cut into squares
10. Makes ± 30 bars.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.