Boost your daily whey protein intake with this breakfast pancakes.
These contain whey protein, which is essential for the development and repair of muscles after exercise.
[tab_title]Method for Pancakes[/tab_title]
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cold strongly brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1 tsp instant coffee Cocoa powder for dusting
- Honey for final dressing
- Blend the oats on high speed until fine.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl until frothy, then add the coffee, water, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the grounded oats, flaxseed and protein powder in a bowl.
- Then add the egg and coffee mixture and stir in well.
- Once mixed, let the batter stand for 5 minutes before cooking. Give it a final stir just prior to cooking.
- Spoon batter into a non-stick pan and cook through on medium heat until golden brown both sides.
Method for filling:
Combine all the filling ingredients and blend at high speed until smooth. Once the pancakes are cooled, layer them with the banana filling and sprinkle with cocoa and honey for dressing.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.