The Hollard Jozi Urban Run Adventure is less than a week away. Here’s all the information you need to know, from registration and road closures, so that by the 28th of May you’re ready to say – IT’S GO TIME!
Unfortunately, as with all exciting events, there will be some road and lane closures for the event. The Hollard JURA has taken care creating a route that is predominantly off road and has worked closely with the City of Johannesburg to minimize the impact on residents on the day. We thank you for your support and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please share and note the attached flyer with all the information on when the Hollard JURA will be passing through your area. Roads will reopen as the final runners come through.
Number collection (including runner goody bags) will be at Marks Park Sports Club, in the Pavilion room on the following days:
Wednesday: 25th May 11h00 – 18h00
Thursday: 26th May 11h00 – 18h00
Friday: 27th May 11h00 – 22h00
(Late Registration / Entries)
Saturday: 28th May (on the field) 06h00 – 09h00
Remember; even if you did enter last year you still have to come to registration to get your race pack and all the race info. If the excitement get’s you thirsty for more than adventure, there will be craft beer and food available on all registration days.
Secure parking will be available Marks Park, the Botanical Gardens & Roosevelt High School for the whole day.
Entries on the Day
Entries will be available on the day from 06h00 – 09h00 on the field. NO entries will be accepted after this time.
First batches start at 07h00.
Haven’t entered yet? Here are some of the top adventure features to look forward to:
● The opportunity to get wet & wild on our new 40 metre water slide!
● An all access pass to JHB City parks and the best trail Joburg’s green belt has to offer
● Leaps of faith over small rivers and ravines or alternatively some new custom built bridges
● 120m floating bridge across Emmarentia
● A chance to explore the underbelly of Joburg through stormwater drains and underpasses
● Scaffolding bridges that will give you a true view from above
● Some rock climbing up Alberts Farm
● Our affectionately named – “Hay Bale Hell”
● Over 300m of pathways through towering reeds
Set those pedometers, the countdown has begun! To enter visit www.joziadventure.co.za. Entry fees are R330 for the 18km, R300 for the 12km and R250 for the 6km run.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Co-Publisher at Maverick Media and until recently, Fitness Magazine editor. Tanja now manages multiple digital platforms, consults and create exciting campaigns and opportunities in the fitness industry. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.