The new Country Roast by Frys is the first plant-based meatloaf to hit South African shelve just in time for the festive season. It is a delicious and equally nutritious meal that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, iron and fibre, and much more. Serve this delicious, plant-based Country Roast in a Sweet Tomato Glaze with Sweet Potato Mash this festive season!
- 1 Fry’s Soy and Quinoa Country Roast
- 300g vine tomatoes
For the sweet tomato glaze
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
For the sweet potato mash
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 sprig of rosemary, destemmed and chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Defrost the roast fully before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the country roast from cardboard sleeve and plastic.
- For the glaze, mix the tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard until well combined. Pour half over roast.
- Then prepare your oven-roasted tomatoes by rubbing a little olive oil in the bottom of a roasting pan. Cut the tomatoes into halves and place in the pan. Toss tomatoes with a splash of olive oil and sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place the country roast in its foil on a baking tray. Cook the roast and the tomatoes in the oven for 30-35
- For the sweet potato mash, add peeled and chopped potatoes into a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat up the coconut milk in a pot, and add potatoes back in. Mash with a masher, adding the rosemary, sea salt and black pepper.
- Take the tomatoes and country roast out the oven.
- For extra crispiness, keep the country roast in the oven for another few more minutes.
- Serve with the remaining tomato sauce on the side as a dipping sauce and the mash.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.