Don’t get caught unprepared this holiday. The right supplements & functional foods will keep you on track.
The end of the year is a time to relax and recharge. That often means a less strict approach to eating and meal prep, which can make resisting junk food incredibly hard.
Thankfully, convenience is no longer only synonymous with fast-food or ready-made meals that lack nutritional value, and are full of sugar, preservatives and hollow calories.
The functional food industry is booming, led by innovative supplement manufacturers that have created convenient on-the-go snacks and meal replacement options that are low in sugar and calories, are loaded with protein, and taste great.
Healthy alternatives to the traditionally unhealthy holiday eating, include:
- High-protein functional food bars are ideal for your beach bag as a healthy and convenient single-serving snack.
- Add zero-cal, zero-sugar water flavouring products for a refreshing drink option.
- Buy low-carb meal replacement powders and portion them out into single servings for a on-the-go snack.
- Keep a tasty high-protein Ready to Drink in the fridge for when a craving hits.
- Electrolyte-enhanced water will keep you hydrated and replenish salts lost through sweating.
Catch the following discounts in the current issue of Fitness Magazine
*Valid until 17 december 2017
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.