Clean eating doesn’t have to be boring. Try this mouth- watering gluten free muffin that you’ll want to make time and time again.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 7-8 large dried dates
- 1⁄2 cup soy milk
- 11⁄2 tbsp flax seeds, coarsely ground
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup almond flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a muffin pan with liners or Spray and Cook.
- Place the dates in a small blender and pulse until the dates are nely chopped. Add the apples auce and blend until the mixture turns into a smooth paste.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients, add the ax seeds and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow the muffins to cool completely before serving.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.