Shape up and reach your goals with these expert fat loss strategies!
Face of Fitness top six contestant, Chantel van der Westhuizen shares her top fat loss tips.
1. Spring clean your pantry cupboard, get rid of all food in your house that can sabotage your healthy eating plan. By eliminating the temptations when your will-power is weak, you give yourself a ‘fighting chance’ to stick to your goals
2. Constantly shocking your body by alternating and combining steady state cardio training with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) will keep your body guessing and adapting thereby targeting fat burning and an increased base metabolic rate.
3. Replace coffee with Green Tea that will accelerate your metabolism and provide you with a healthy dosage of antioxidants.
“I heard that abs are made in the kitchen, so I complete my sit-ups next to the fridge”
4. Introduce Pilates and Yoga into your training regime, since it will help you manage your stress levels and alleviate muscle soreness, increase your flexibility and promote a healthy body and mind.
5. Drinking a glass of water before each meal, helps keep your body hydrated, fills up the stomaches capacity to absorb food, thereby encouraging you to eat less.
6. The main reason for gaining fat is a slow metabolism so I would suggesting eating more often, every two to three hours and smaller meals so that you can start increasing your metabolism. Try eat at the same time everyday. End off with a slow release protein 30 min before you go to bed.
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.