As the chilly season approaches, The diet that everyone talks about, gave us this delicious and wholesome recipe from their book, Eat Slim.
“Cooking healthy and wholesome meals can be a fun experience for the whole family to get involved in,” says Gert Coetzee, owner and creator of the diet.
Portions: Serves 4
Prep time: 20 min + 2 ½ hours
- 30ml Canola oil
- 1.4kg Sirloin roast
- 5 onions, peeled and cut into 4
- 500ml dry red wine
- 500ml tomato sauce, heated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2ml each thyme, basil and allspice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof casserole dish. Sear the beef for 6-8 minutes over medium to high heat on all sides. Season well.
- Add onions and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes over a medium heat.
- Pour in the wine and the tomato sauce. Add the garlic and seasonings and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 2 ½ hours.
- Serve with additional vegetables if desired.
For more information visit www.the-diet.co.za
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.