A healthy alternative to the old favourite coleslaw
Are you looking for a great side dish to accompany your grilled chicken? Try this rawslaw. The best part is, you don’t even have to switch on your stove to do it.
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄4 cup goji berries, soaked
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- Blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, goji berries and dressing together.
- Sprinkle seeds over the rawslaw before serving
Recipe supplied by Carol Anthony
Photography by Irwin Hackner
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Founder and Editor of Fitness Magazine. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.